She’s Fairer as a Seafarer (#SFAS) is our worldwide campaign which started in 2013 and fosters the welfare of women serving the maritime industry, particularly in a male-dominated profession called seafaring.
Folks, these bold women have been sailing the high seas, fight boredom, homesickness, isolation and even sexism on-board but no storm has sunken their dreams to go great lengths.
Below blog posts talk about their compelling stories:
1. Jasmin Labarda: Philippine’s first Filipina Ship Captain
2. 13 Reasons Why Che Javellana is ‘Beauty and the Best’ Ship Captain
3. Nina da Silva: Philippine’s pioneering Marine Chief Engineer
4. Engr. Maike Ligan’s tips to shatter stress
5. Prey Ponceja: The seawoman who took social media by storm
Help us promote women empowerment by sharing this post on your social media accounts! If you know one woman seafarer we can include in our list of inspiring seawomen, please feel free to comment below.