IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR SY 2018-2019!!!
Aspiring cadets who want to take Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (Deck Officer) or Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (Engine Officer) must be:
- 17-23 years old on or before 30 April.
- Graduates of Senior High School (K-12)
- Existing college graduates and tertiary level graduates
- Physically and Mentally fit
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen
- Single, and
- No derogatory records or was convicted/accused of any crime of moral turpitude.
Note: No height requirement. However, there are companies who have specific height requests.
Selection and screening
One becomes a NSA Cadet after his/her successful bid on all of the following processes:
- Testing – Comprehensive Written Test ( A whole day exam that covers Math, Science,English and Inductive Reasoning), IQ Test ( A half-day computer-based exam).
- Profiling – Ability Profiling, Personality Profiling.
- Medical Exam – Comprehensive Medical Exam.
- Interview – Company Selection ( For list of participating shipping companies, see NSA Sponsors)
- Enrollment to the Program – School endorsement
Assurance and perks
To be chosen as ‘one of the lucky few’, the successful applicant enjoys free tuition, dormitory and food during his/her 1st and 2nd year of stay in academe. Additionally, upgrading Training/Courses, a 10 Days Structured Ship Familiarization and of course, paid apprenticeship (OJT) on-board international vessels on his/her 3rd year of study are likely guaranteed.
Don’t miss my latest blog posts. Follow this blog or subscribe by email.
The scholarship grant application has nationwide scope. From Batanes to Sulu, aspirants can fill-up an application form online or download it and mail to:
NTC-Manila, Office address: 6th Floor Five E-com Center Building Pacific Drive Extension/Entrance Mall of Asia Complex Pasay City, 1300 Philippines.
After the application form was completed/sent, the applicant should wait for NTC-Manila’s text/call of his/her schedule of exam.
Please be reminded that ‘first to apply, first to exam’ basis is being observed, and there should be no exam fee to be collected.
For more inquiries, you may call (632) 779 – 6830 loc 134.