Magsaysay is an outstanding company which invests in people development and nurture the welfare of its people and their families. It is the manning arm in the Philippines of world’s famous and top cruise companies Aida, P&O Cruises and Costa.
Founded in 1948, it garnered below prestigious awards from Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA):
Presidential Award of Excellence (2010), Awards of Excellence (1994-2010), Awards of Distinction (1992-1993), Hall of Fame (1990) and Top Performer (1988-1990).
Apparently, Magsaysay is quality committed – a company perhaps you’re interested to be part of.
If so, you have just landed on the right place, dreamer!
Recently, I was able to connect with one of Magsaysay’s recruitment specialists and she shared me some guides and tips if you want to join their team, or I would rather say their dynamic Magsaysay family.
Here’s what you should know.
- Preferred applicants for F&B, housekeeping, galley, technical and the likes have at least 1 year related work experience in 3-5 star hotels or fine dining restaurants.
- You may see job openings and apply online too at www.magsaysaycareers.com . On the other hand, Magsaysay Careers is the company’s official Facebook page.
Follow-up of job application
- For new applicants who haven’t been scheduled for interview yet, you may visit our Magsaysay office at Magsaysay Recruitment Center, Ground Floor, G.E. Antonino Bldg. T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila. Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm only.
Or call these numbers:
- For passenger, 5268888 loc 9441/9437/9443/9642
- For shipping, 5268888 loc 9440/9429
- Active crewmembers on the other hand, are encouraged to call these numbers:
Trunk Line – 5268888
- Starcruise – 9346/9468
- Aida – 9615
- Multifleet – 9476/9491
- Princess – 9461/9645
- Mopas – 9717
- Cruise Technical – 9373
- P&O – 9676
- Costa – 9639
- Landbased – 9441
- For any technical error you encountered while accessing your Magsaysay career account, please ‘screenshot’ and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact Magsaysay at 09292562436 or 5268888 local 9441.
- If you have tattoo(s), you may still apply but some principals are very strict with regards to location and size of your tattoo(s).
Use of English during the interview
- The applicant should use English but not forced to speak fluently. May we remind the applicant that to review is the key for a succesful interview.
- None so far. But if you had encountered there was, it might be for ENTRY LEVEL positions which principals get new graduates with good and pleasing personalities.
- Some (not all) of Magsaysay principals have but your work experience is matters more.
- You’ll be accepted as long as your position applied is not for deck department.
For more tips on how to secure a cruise ship job quickly, read my other blogpost Ultimate Guide to secure your dream cruise ship job
How do you find Magsaysay as a manning agency?
Share your thoughts by writing a comment below.