What is the Day of the Seafarer?
• An official United Nations international observance day
• Every year on 25th day of June
• Organized by the International Maritime Organization
• Reaches millions of people worldwide
Aims of Day of the Seafarer 2015: #CareerAtSea
• Engage seafarers themselves to tell us about (and share photos of) their life at sea and be ambassadors for their own industry
• Promoting the materials gathered from seafarers with the aim of reaching the general global population and inspiring them to consider a career at sea
• Raising awareness of seafarers and their importance to the global economy to the general public
Message of the IMO head, Promotion of #CareerAtSea and Dancing Filipino Seafarers Videos
(Click to see the video in YouTube)
Source: International Maritime Organization , Dancing seafarers
To all seafarers out there, thank you for all your undying service to the world. Continue to be true sea ambassadors and keep safe always both at sea and ashore. CHEERS!